Saturday, November 6, 2010

Titans' Randy Moss Signing OK With Kerry Collins: 'He Was a Team Guy'

John Oehserby John Oehser

Filed under: ,

When it came to Randy Moss, Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher wasn't providing many hints about the organization's intentions early on Wednesday. But quarterback Kerry Collins said if the Titans wanted to sign Moss, he was all for it.

After the Titans claimed Moss off of waivers by the 4 p.m. ET deadline, Fisher seemed to be in agreement.

"The year I spent with Randy, I never had a problem with the guy," Collins, who played with Moss in Oakland in 2005, told Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean Wednesday.

"He was respectful, he was a team guy. I think a lot of stuff you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind, is very truthful with what he says and that doesn't always play well. But as far as what kind of guy and teammate he is ... he was a great teammate and I never had a problem with him."

Moss was placed on waivers by Minnesota Tuesday, and every NFL team had a chance to claim him by 4 p.m. ET Wednesday.

The claiming team with the worst record was to be rewarded Moss, and as Wyatt noted, the Titans at 5-3 are 23rd in the order.

"I don't discuss personnel moves,'' Fisher said. "Never have. We've had some discussions like every else has.''

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Brock Bolen Ahmad Bradshaw Aaron Brown Andre Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment